So, I have been wanting to do a post all summer about beautiful nautical things, which I love! Somehow, I have never gotten around to it! I figure I better do it on the last day of August, while it is still summer! So enjoy all of these beautiful nautical images!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Last Saturday and Sunday, Eric and I had a really fun 3rd anniversary getaway to the Natural Bridge/Red River Gorge area here in Eastern Kentucky. This was our first overnight getaway without Samuel, and it went really well. Saturday we went on about a 6 mile hike, and then ate at a really cute little restaurant. Sunday, we went canoeing and swimming, and then ate at an awesome pizza restaurant for our anniversary meal. We ate there on our honeymoon, and on our last 2 anniversaries, so I guess its our thing! We stayed at a beautiful cabin in the woods that that the college we work for owns as a retreat cabin. It was a lovely time! Here are some pictures.
Eric resting on our hike
Eric drinking water on our hike
Me drinking water on our hike
Eric and I
Eric climbing some rocks and exploring
On some rocks
A cool cave we saw
There were actually two close together
Eric trying to find a way to climb into it
He decided to build a ladder
He looked in the cave, but it was a little to rickety to go all the way up.
Eric and I after eating our anniversary meal
Monday, August 13, 2012
1) Hiking about 6 miles with my husband in a beautiful gorge!
2) Sitting on a rock watching my husband build a crude ladder to a cave!
3) The blessing of sitting down in the van when my feet were SOOO tired!
4) A cute blackboard menu displaying a menu for delicious sounding food!
5) Cilantro that makes everything taste amazing!
6) One of the top best pancakes I have ever eaten with delicious maple syrup.
7) Gliding around on a lake with my husband in a canoe.
8) Seeing a cute turtle swimming in the water.
9) Hiking through a creek with my husband dragging a canoe so we could go as far as we could down the creek to explore.
10) Playing in the pool together.
11) Talking to a cool lady about her baby carrier.
12) Eating a delicious pizza for our 3rd Anniversary meal.
13) A two hour long game of UNO together.
14) A lovely big cabin in the woods to stay in for two nights on our anniversary getaway.
15) Samuel's smiles and cuddles when we came home today!
"In Everything give thanks, for this is the will of God,
in Christ Jesus concerning you."
-1 Thessalonians 5:18
Monday, August 6, 2012
We had a nice time in Michigan for two weeks over the Fourth of July. That is where my husband, Eric's, parents live, and we usually go up there every summer for some vacation time.
Samuel on a rocking horse with a toy gun!
He kept throwing the sand toys in the lake
Our family at Lake Michigan
The pier at Holland State Park in Michigan
The cute red lighthouse at Macatawa Island
My sister in law, nephew, and Samuel and I at the 4th of July parade
Eric and Samuel at the 4th of July parade
Our family at the parade. It was a very hot day!
Samuel playing in a sand pool by the Lake on the 4th.